No doubt! Rice is one of the versatile grain and staple food around the globe. Brown rice “the world’s healthiest food choice “is loaded with minerals and vital nutrients have now occupied as a major ingredient in our kitchen shelves. Right from kids to adults of different age groups now started to substitute brown rice instead of white rice and enjoying its maximum benefits to the full core.
Brown rice retains its nutrient-dense bran and germ and has a nutty flavour; whereas, the nutrients are stripped off while polishing and milling the white rice.
Brown rice is a rich source of magnesium, selenium, copper, potassium, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, protein, dietary fibre and essential fatty acids. Including brown rice in your diet provides you with the following health benefits: It helps in functioning cardiovascular system, nervous system, digestive system and brain. Due to the presence of a high level of antioxidants, it protects us from mental depression, stress, hypertension, bad cholesterol, cancer, insomnia, diabetes, neurodegenerative disease, diabetes, and other skin disorders.
If you experience any of the above-listed symptoms or have already diagnosed with the disease, then regular visiting to your doctor is a must. Your healthcare provider will help to understand the treatment plan and medications to treat the disease. Order your medicines online from online medicine store and avail exiting medicine discounts on your orders.
Brown rice is highly nutritious and gluten-free grain. Incorporate into a variety of dishes and get the maximum of its benefits. Below we have listed out the nutritional facts according to the USFDA.
|Nutrient||Unit||Value per 100 g|
|Total lipid (fat)||g||0.97|
|Carbohydrate, by difference||g||25.58|
|Fiber, total dietary||g||1.6|
|Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid||mg||0.0|
|Vitamin A, RAE||µg||0|
|Vitamin A, IU||IU||0|
|Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)||mg||0.17|
|Vitamin D (D2 + D3)||µg||0.0|
|Vitamin K (phylloquinone)||µg||0.2|
|Fatty acids, total saturated||g||0.260|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||g||0.369|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||g||0.366|
|Fatty acids, total trans||g||0.000|
Health benefits of brown rice:
Not the colour of the grain, but the benefit of the barn in the grain provides more nutritional value than the polished white rice! The few of the health benefits of brown rice are listed jotted out here. Just read on and find out how your health can get benefited by substituting brown rice into your diet!
- The presence of manganese in brown rice aids in energy production and helps in the synthesis of fatty acids. Manganese also an important antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD). SOD is helpful to protect cells from free radical damage.
- Incorporating brown rice as part of your diet helps in weight loss and prevents obesity due to the high fibre content in the grain.
- The trace amount of selenium in brown rice helps to reduce the risk of colon cancer and also prevents heart disease, asthma and other inflammation in the body.
- The presence of oil in the brown rice helps to lower cholesterol
- Including brown rice can benefit postmenopausal women. It helps to lower the risk of blood pressure, cardiovascular disease and cholesterol. If you can’t bring down pressure level, seek doctors’ advice immediately. He can help to normalize blood pressure with medicines or may suggest you follow a healthy lifestyle. Follow the medications as per your doctor’s advice and never stop taking the medicines without your doctor’s knowledge. Refill your bottle by ordering medicines online from any trusted online pharmacy store and get the medicines instantly delivered right at your doorstep.
- The intestinal flora converts phytonutrient” lignans” in the whole grain to enterolactone. This helps to protect from breast cancer and heart disease.
- Due to the low glycemic index (GI) of brown rice, it helps to lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Brown rice is rich in dietary fibre. It helps to reduce high cholesterol, prevent atherosclerosis, maintains blood sugar levels, relieves constipation and regulates bowel function.
- Brown rice also helps to protect women from developing gallstones.
- Germinated brown rice has more nutritional value and prevents health complications such as Alzheimer’s disease. It also helps to reduce anxiety-related disorders.
- Brown rice helps to lower stress in lactating women, improves sleep-cycle, boosts immunity and maintains healthy bones.
White rice is more appealing than brown rice, but the health benefits of brown rice are challenging! Enjoy the nutritional benefits of brown rice to the fullest by preparing your favourite dishes out of it. There are wide varieties of brown rice available in the market with a sweet and nutty flavour. Choose the one that suits best to your taste and include while making salads, desserts, etc. So, stack your plate with cooked brown rice and top it up with freshly prepared curry of your choice!